Between the intensity of work, school, birthday parties, swimming lessons, hockey, ballet, music lessons and a myriad of other family events, what’s an activity your family can participate in together- one that everyone will benefit from?
That would be yoga, of course. A proven success among families, it’s the perfect way to get everyone together for some fun, memorable experiences. Practicing yoga as a family has been shown to reduce stress, reduce anxiety, and lead to healthier lives because of it.
Here are just a few more reasons you should book your family for some yoga fun:
1. Family Yoga strengthens the family bond. Spending time together and touching physically, as well as connecting emotionally, spiritually and mentally, is strengthening, and sets the stage for spending more quality family time throughout the rest of the week.
2. Family Yoga creates a sense of support within the family! Literal support in poses for the whole family, and this easily translates to further physical and emotional support outside of class.
3. Family Yoga gives you something to all do together. Doing yoga together is about as high as you can get on the parent/child interaction meter. It levels the playing field, and each family member’s strengths begin to shine, with none being any greater or less than the others.
4. Family Yoga teaches parents how to play! In a time where parents mostly feel like police men and woman, family yoga can take the tension out of a parent/child relationship and open the gates to fun and playfulness within and outside of class.
5. Family Yoga makes parents learners! Children get to see their parents as learners, which sets a great example for them! And parents get to see how their children learn and how they interact with other age groups, something we don’t often see in school/work life.